Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Test Ride (where to go)

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by TAZMAN, Jun 13, 2006.

1. I am taking a Honda 600rr for a test ride on saturday and I was wondering if anyone knew of some good roads close to Berwick that I could test it on and also if anyone is interested in a ride on saturday. I dont really want to do the spurs as its not my bike and every tom, dick and harry are up there on the weekends. Need something tightish though as I am doing a comparison between it and the 1000rr to see if I can handle the drop in power as I really like the new Moviestar 600rr

Anyway I hopeyou guys can help me out and I hope a couple of ya's are upfor a spin I will be grabing the bike at about 10 am at new world and I have got her for a couple of hours (as long as I am back by 4ish) so it should be a bit of fun compared to the hornet

2. How about the road from Pakenham to Cockatoo and Gembrook loop. I test rode a 999 through there, it was great. :grin:
  3. Good call mate I had forgotten about that one. Thanks for the tip :wink:
  4. loop through the spurs, run up to bright and a quick stability test down the hume.

Tell em you'll be back before lunch!
  5. theres also the beaconsfield emerald road, which can loop back to pakenham.
    i use becie emerald road to test cars, corners, hills and a flat stretch
  6. Stick with G's suggestion Mick, that's a nice little run whenever you've got a spare hour or two.

Pakenham - Gembrook - Cockatoo - Paternoster Rd to Emerald/Beaconsfield Rd.... or go into Emerald via that nice little stretch between Cockatoo and Emerald and come back via Wellington Rd and down Harkaway Rd,

BTW.. Sometimes there is a nice man with a camera taking your photo near the Avonsliegh General Store...