Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Test on Thursday

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Tracecon, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Well its that time. RDate test on Thursday. Reckon I may go on the Ag bike. Gotta do a figure 8 so I've been practicing on the Ag. Tried it on the 650 cruiser and battled to keep my feet from going down - any tips there would be helpful.

2. I watched a link to a 15 year old 4'11 chick riding a electra glide that someone posted recently in a thread here -- seems they Scandinavian flick the front wheel outwards first ever so slightly to get a tighter turning circle

But this will not be needed for the AG Bike

my advice -- head checks -- remember them
  3. How did you go? I went for my licence today and passed! I was so sure nerves would wreck me again (like they did last year when I failed getting my L's the first place because I was so nervous and completely stuffed up and missed the painted corner). My L's also expires today so I am so rapt I passed (and didn't need to retest).

I found the licence test much easier than the L's - for a start the first exercise - riding through a corner as fast as you can manage safely - was double the width, and the second timed one - you get four go's at it, all you had to do was not anticipate and just react. (I'm in Victoria)

Most importantly though, I just had a tonne of fun today hooning around on the track with no cars, top instructors and a bunch of nice people who were all in the same boat as me.

I will definately be going back to HART in a year's time for their intermediate course.

Now I just hope I can remember the skills I learnt today - counter steering, emergency braking, slow riding - when needed, without panicing or locking up my tyres from squeezing too hard.

Once my Sat classes are over, I will be joining the crew for Sat practice (i'm still new to riding as I've only been riding for 6 weeks) so I can practice practice practice.
  4. Hi nexus1111, see my latest post