Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Terms & Conditions

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Bond Girl, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Was interesting to revisit this as I've been a member for a while now. I've been guilty of breaches in the past & done the time for doing the crime & hope that it's made me a more aware & viable member of the netrider community! While my biking experience is limited my life experiences are not & hopefully I can impart some wisdom to the younger members!

2. So life experiences at 18, don't think anyone below 18 here to share your wisdom. Or maybe some porky pies are being displayed.
  3. I'm 18 till I die! Age is a state of mind more than just a number! If you don't believe me ask my 15 year old son or 12 year old daughter & they'll tell you I can give most people with a number only half of mine a real run for their money! froflmao!
  4. Sorry are you making a statement or asking a question. What is the relevence.....am I missing something

Cheers 8)
  5. That is funny! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    So I am thinking if your'e mind still thinks it's 18 how can you improve your wisdom, that comes with age and maturity.
    Now if you said I feel 18 thats a different matter, but reality can be somewhat scary by the look of things.
  6. You need to look into the wisdom :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  7. Mmm, well, i'm really only 23 but I've been riding since I was 2 so......

I actually re-read the Terms and Conditions myself the other day. Good to refresh the memory.

On the subject of age I do find it bizzare that barely out of teen age "songwriters" are deluging us with these "meaningful" songs about all the things they have learned from life and how hard life has been for them.

I think they need to GET a life before they start writing songs about the meaning of it.
  8. there are a couple of 17> members. there was a thread called "youngest member" or simmilar but i cant find it now.
  9. That's right, young people aren't living lives... that happens when your a grown up :roll:

Come on RC, surely the kids you teach have also taught you a thing or 2?
  10. Indeed they have, as have my own two children. But the point I'm trying to make is that I find it a little pretentious that a 19 year old can claim in a song have experienced the range of emotions and life experiences that an older person has. Surely one has to LIVE life for a while before one develops a clear perspective on how it all fits in?

It's the same situation as all these famous 20-30 year old sports stars writing their autobiography...

Doesn't make sense to me.
  11. <embittered old timer voice>
    </embittered old timer voice>

Did I hear you on Neil Mitchell talkback the other day? :LOL:
    The bloody youth... oh, the general moral decay! :p
  12. oh come on people every second thread here is about terms and conditions what not to do and what to do.... treat people here like you would someone at work, on the street, you friends..... just because we are online doesn't mean you change the way you behave.
  13. Didn't Jesus say something like that :LOL:
  14. I believe He did, St Simon!

15. Um...a lot of my work is handling unfair dismissals so... you're all sacked.
  16. fair enough.