Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tennis question

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Ezyryder, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Ok I don't mind the tennis, I don't watch it on TV religiously but will have a squiz at it from time to time...

Question: why is it that sometimes they play 3 or 4 sets, otherwise 2 sets and it's over, other times 5 or 6 sets? Why is that? I'm sure it is a simple answer :?

2. its all to do with the scoring and the level of tennis......women play best of three sets, men play best of five in the australian open.......

3. Ah hah, makes sense, ta kezza :)

4. hmmmm, Sharapova ! :tantrum:

5. no worries........unlike u - i watch religiously when i can...... :shock:

6. I played club tennis as a teenager and have had the odd social hit since then, was embarrassing to ask about the set thing 'coz I shoulda known :oops:

7. club tennis is played with different rules at times......i used to play 'hit and giggle' - we'd hit the ball then collapse in giggles of laughter....... :? :?

the serious players hated us......

8. So did I, that was the best part of it, the social bash-arounds the last 2 or 3 years have been like that :grin:
    I quit club stuff in my late teens because of the snobbery with the rich families and their crap attitudes towards us 'working class' folk. Maybe it was bec 2 or 3 of us with cheap racquets and sports clothes would beat their kids with all the gear out on the court and they couldn't cope :roll: I took up racquetball instead and had a blast!

9. what!!!! u mean u actually had the nerve to BEAT those rich kids??????
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

10. oh yeah! Live the dream :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :p

11. Unless one of the guys beat the other one 3 games love, then it's over.

12. depends on what ur lookin for i guess.....
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

13. I was there today she is massive over 6 foot little to tall for most...

14. pfft never stopped me before mate - no ones tall or short in bed :wink:

15. :LOL: :LOL: @ Duhast.. (agaaaaain) :rofl:

Wow, I didnt know she was that tall.