Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Temporary human being here

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by richo307, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Hi guys glad to be here and thanks. Been lurking:-s for a while as a guest and liked what I was reading so joined.

As the title says, it was quoted to me by a friend last month when I got my L's, I had a little chuckle to myself.

Anyway I'm in my early 40's and decided to get yet another license to add to the collection heh, also to commute and the enjoyment.

Some terms that I have become to know and was not aware of being a non rider.

Counter steering

Some funny stuff right there I reckon, that is all I can think of right now but there are more I have encountered.

I sold my moto4 quaddie which I used to ride (from 4 wheels to 2 hey) and got hold of a 2fiddy locally which helped a lot as I didn't have to travel far to get one, the trusty GPX250 2006 model at that, hehe yeah I know.

My bro in law is looking forward to some rides although he has been riding for years and I hope I can keep up with the GSXR10008-[

So there you go, I don't want to bore you too much with my history.

2. my that's a sparkling GPX (always was a pretty bike)

Don't worry about that 'temporary' rubbish; more people die in bed than do on bikes!
  3. everyone is a temporary human. anyone who thinks they are permanent is delusional, it has nothing to do with how you die. Which is why I hate when people say it.. as if they are permanent and I'm not because I ride a bike. %#$@ off.

oh and welcome richo, nice bike.. :D
  4. I detest that phrase actually and ideally the heading may or may not win you many friends, but welcome anyway
  5. Welcome bloke :).
  6. He's got a sense of humor and I like that.

Welcome in mate,

7. Thx guys. Sorry smee that was not my intention, only to share the funny side.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. welcome to NR
  9. Welcome to NR...

And don't worry about the temporary tag, Smee's just upset because he doesn't quite make the "human" part (the avatar is accurate...)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Welcome richo. Yes this forum does get some humans sometimes, but its only temporary.

You probably were only joking about keeping up with your brother in law, but remember to ride your own ride (y)
  11. Welcome! You need to get out an get that bike dirty.
  12. Hi and welcome to NR