Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Temporary Australian, Finally!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Envy-t, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hello all, my name is Marcus and I am in Melbourne.
    17 years ago I was going to sit my bike test, but was talked out of it by the parents who promised to help with the purchase of my first car if I didn't do it.

Now after being a kept man and stay at home dad for 7 years, I think I am having my midlife crisis. Now most buy a hairdressers car and they get over it, but I have been into modifying cars since I could. I currently drive a 300rwkw XR6 Turbo, so buying a car that could give me thrills was going to be a very expensive option. So I decided that before my 33rd birthday, I would finally get my licence. 3 weeks after making that decision, I had my l's!

I bought a 1992 GSF250 Bandit, and although it has the unbridaled power of a marshmellow, I have never had so much fun or enjoyed being on the road so much, ever, period! It's like joining a club that has instant recognition. Just about all riders I see on the road give a nod, and conversations at lights, with total strangers is great! I am busting to get my open licence so I can finally get my dream bike, a Benelli cafe racer!

Heres a pic of the pride and joy. Since buying it, I have added an Eagle screens tinted screen and oxford hotgrips.

2. Nice looking bike and welcome to the family of riders! hope you enjoy it.
  3. Thanks mate. It was the cleanest example I could find with my limited budget and patience!

I set myself a budget, cos new + L's usually = DROP some time down the track. I have set myself a goal, If I don't drop the bike before I get my open licence, I will buy a new bike, but if I do drop it, 2nd hand it will be for the new bike!
  4. Hi Marcus nice choice on the bike. Nothing better than a Bandit :cool: Have a look at the Herald Sun article in the Wild Hogs thread and enjoy the Cafe Racer when you get it :!:
  5. Welcome to the wonderful world of 2 wheels !!!!
  6. Welcome :D

I'm the forum clean freak. Please see to those exhaust pipes!!

:LOL: :LOL:

Nice bike :grin:
  7. Welcome Envy,sounds like you have a bit of catchingup to do :grin:
  8. Hey there Marcus, welcome to NR :)
  9. welcome welcome and a very nice and but not least cleanest bike out of netrider =P
  10. I have tried autoglym metal polish, and it does nothing. A mate of mine does polishing for a living, and without seeing it, he says that the S/S header pipes are stained for good from the previous owners lack of care.
  11. Cool another Bandit Rider floating around...

Ive got a 2000 model and my headers are in the same condition.....

12. why does everyone assume they are gunna drop their bike when they are new. think positive dam it !! :cool:
  13. I did that.......didn't work though :evil: