Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Temperature Gauge Intermittent

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by 265chemic, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Hey All,

I'm having an issue with my temp gauge, in the fact it will read the temp but drop back to nothing and sit for a while, then come back to normal, and sometimes gets on the way up then drops back to nothing a few times.

Im guessing it has to be the sender, gauge, or the connection between. Just wondering whats usually more common or if anyone has had similar issues.

2. An intermittent issue like this is best solved by taking voltage readings at the sender (should be on the cylinder head) when it is working, and when it is playing up. You will need a multimeter.

Trevor G

PS Have you checked that the coolant is up to the top of the radiator when the bike is cold? Low coolant can also cause erratic temp readings.
  3. And it would help a lot if you told us via your profile, if not the post, what sort of bike it is... :roll:
  4. You're lucky you have a guage :shock:
    I miss mine :mad:
  5. Sorry guys! its a 98 CBR600F3