Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Temp Guages on bikes

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mik84, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Just wondering what the go is with temp guages on bikes. I noticed the other day that me old mans 2000 xjr1300 doesnt seem to have a temp guage of anysort nor even a warning light(unless im blind ofcourse). Also when looking at the new R6 which im absolutely in love there seems to also be no temp guage.

Am i missing something or what, surely youd want a temp guage when you spend 15k on a bike???

2. new r6 has a digital temp gauge. twin cooling fans kick in automatically when the temp gets above 100, gets it back under in no time...

3. I dont know either of the bikes you mentioned but im guessing that they have a digital gauge for the temp all bikes now days have one some where
  4. ok sweet i thought that was the possible case with the r6. But im pretty sure the xjr is all analouge and i couldnt find one anywhere.
  5. xjr they air cooled arent they if so they wont have a temp gauge you can fit one to the head if you like
  6. ahh, i see. Thanks for the info guys. Just thought it was a bit odd if they didnt.
  7. On an aircooled bike you'd be much better off adding an Oil temp guage.
    It'll be a more stable indication of total engine temp, you used to be able to get aftermarket kits that had a temp sensor that fitted to the end of the dipstick

(good idea for water cooled bikes if you have the "dash" space)