Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Temp gauge sometimes not working! CBR250RR

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by mattcooper, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Hey Guys
    Long story short, I now own a CBR250RR 93 Model. The temp gauge has never worked correctly since I got the bike last week. Basically the bike was found to have no coolant in the system. I then refilled the system. I took it to my bike retailer and they fixed the gauge. The next morning I noticed the gauge wasn’t working again! I pulled the dash out and tightened the 3 wire and noticed the gauge started working again! Next morning the gauge wasn’t working!!!! I was pissed... I drove around for awhile and came home angry. I walked the bike in and hit the kick stand thinking it came down “but it didn’t†the bike fell onto of me... I then put the key in and noticed the gauge was working again??

What’s going on! I’m sure tomorrow morning the gauge will not be working!
  2. Check all connections, especially the instrument earth, then check the connection from the sender unit, which will probably be near the thermostat.
  3. +1. If that doesn't work, get another sensor-sender from a wrecker
    and slap it in. Double check your coolant at the radiator in case you've
    lost some since you filled it, or in case there's an air bubble.