Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TED fans: Cheng's running a free TED marathon this Saturday

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Loz, Jan 13, 2009.

1. ...At Monash Caulfield.

If you don't know what TED is, I posted something about it not long ago:

It's a collection of short talks given by extraordinary people on fascinating topics from a very broad range of specialties, from artists and musicians to businesspeople, medical experts, scientists and comedians.

The TED website (www.ted.com) has a huge catalogue of freely downloadable videos, and Cheng has been in touch wth the TED foundation to put on a world-first TED video marathon at Monash Caulfield this Saturday.

She'll be showing some of the best and most popular TED videos, with time for discussion and general gasbagging. We're also working on a couple of live speakers for the event - one bloke is a doctor who has invented a staggering CAD-based technology for rebuilding peoples' faces after the bone structure is destroyed by cancer, shotgun wounds or other injuries. It's mind-boggling stuff and the photos have to be seen to be believed, even if they're a bit full-on.

So if you're up for a bit of noggin expansion this weekend, have a squizzy and book yourself in, information's here:

I'll be there (I'm supposed to be facilitating discussions, let's see how many fart jokes I can work in, eh?) and I know there's some interleckshools on this here motor sickle website so maybe some of you might like to check it out too.
  2. Any way those of us without a facebook account (and no desire to create one) can find out what talks are to be presented?
  3. All I know is that voting on quite a large list is still underway, and that the most popular ones are Ken Robinson's 'Do schools kills creativity?' and J.J. Abrams' Mystery Box.