Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

N/A | National Technology controlling how you ride - possible future for PTW's.

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by robsalvv, Feb 1, 2013.

1. The National Transport Council recently issued a policy discussion paper around Co-operative Intelligent Transport Systems. This is a concept where the vehicles on the roads talk to each other and talk to the infrastructure. Some of the benefits include smoothed traffic flows, better information for drivers to make decisions, collision avoidance warnings, automatic collision avoidance... I think TonyE put up a post about this document. Anyway, you can download the report here: http://www.ntc.gov.au/DocView.aspx?DocumentId=2347

Soooo, did the NTC consider PTW's in its report that is going to set the policy framework discussion for C-ITS? Surely, the fastest growing road user sector in Australia got a mention?

In a word, no.
    Submissions have now closed. The submissions page hasn't updated yet but I'd be interested to see who submitted and what their take was. But in terms of riding, if the discussion about C-ITS barrels ahead fully laden with carcentric concepts and thinking, then riders are going to get royally shafted. To that end, I thought I'd share the VMC's submission on the topic for your interest.

Go to the VMC submissions page and look for the link for the links belows the "Cooperative ITS regulatory policy..." header.

It's not a long submission, but it makes a couple of points very clear. See what you think.

2. Thanks for sharing ... That's a nicely prepared doc :)

I'd also be quite interested in knowing who else from the biking groups made submissions.