Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Team America - World Police

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by nearlyempty, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Saw this on the weekend.

All I can say is, BRILLIANT! Funniest film I have seen in ages.
    (Now got the soundtrack permanently running through my head - "America, F*$# Yeah ...")

If you haven't seen it, go get it on DVD ... NOW!
  2. :LOL: i found it funny, but a bit annoying at times. great idea for a flick, just a touch on the too stupid side at times..... cracked up every time i saw matt damon tho :LOL: :LOL:
  3. Yeah funny movie!! :LOL: As with all their stuff im either absolutely pissing myself at some moments or just sitting there thinking now that is just dumb at others.

Defiantely worth seeing...
  4. Am I the only one that hated this film???

It started off 'ok' then went to 'bad' around the half-way mark...in the end I just turned it off (I just couldn't take anymore).

I loved the South Park movie and was really looking forward to this, very disappointing :(
  5. You have opened yourself up for a slew of 'you just didn't get it' responses here. I got this when I said to my friends that I thought that 'Starship Troopers' was crap. I was subjected to endless but don't you see, it's a pisstake on war type haranguing. In answer, yes I did see - it was being forced down my throat in a way I didn't particularly care for. It was satire akin to listening to your four year old cousin ad-libbing knock knock jokes.

I quite enjoyed 'Team America' though. Heavy handed but still very funny.
  6. Novacoder, you just didn't get it.

Someone had to do it.
  7. Woohoo!

Shall we run a tally :D
  8. never seen it...

Starship troopers was good though...interestingly very american as wel..... we are the best etc...
  9. funnies movie I've seen in ages.

hence my avatar - the evil Kim Jong Il :)
  10. Starship Troopers was a great film :)

Starship Troopers 10, Team America 0

11. Haven't seen Team America yet , Starship Troopers was good but dont know what the second one was like .
  12. second one was REALLY BAD....

think B grade movie....well the secne on made D Grade movies look like a Hollywood epic masterpiece.

BAD acting BAD script bad effect and bad everything....
  13. Definately not the only one that hated it.

14. Wait for the sex scene:)
  15. now starship troopers was AWESOME :D funny AND violent and it had co-ed showers :shock: coooooooool :D

and yeah, the second one was about the most painful 5 minutes of veiwing i've ever seen. i'm a huge fan of the first but i couldn't get any further through the second, it really is that bad. the acting, scripts and special effects in such classics as 'brain dead' and 'bad taste' leave it for dead :shock: i saw an 80's low budget chinese zombie flick late on SBS the other week that had rockstars killing zombies with guitar picks that i enjoyed much more than the second starship troopers......
  16. If you're into Zombies. Shaun of the Dead.
  17. "matt damon"

and did you have to give the 1st few lines to the theme song !!

im sitting here singing 'america F*** yeah' and visulising the "humvie" tearing out of town and runing over evering in site !

" whats he saying ? " i think he's saying "kiss me, kiss me"

or the classic line from mount rushmore ..... if you would could tell me you'd never die, i'd make love to you right now !!

Oh ok i promise i'll never die !!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  18. i tried to copy that the other day, but the ppls that owned it wanted to go home so they took it away from me :( good one is it?
  19. Shaun of the Dead? Brilliant!
  20. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: