Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tax Time

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Flipper, Aug 5, 2006.

1. It's tax time again as we all know.
    Does anyone have a good accountant they can
    recommend in the SE suburbs (Melb).
    How much do they charge?
    Whats their availablity?
    How soon do you get your cheque back?

2. If you are only doing PAYG tax, use etax. http://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/pathway.asp?pc=001/002/014

Takes about 10-30 minutes, maybe less than an hour if you haven't used it before to do your tax. I found I got 2-3 times the tax back than using an accountant because I was able to include all my tax offsets/deductions. It is EASY to use.

It normally takes 2-5 business days to get the tax back into my bank account.
  3. I'm a DIY man myself......just finished the income side of things (Tax Pack + Suppliment + Business & Professional Items) taking a break before getting into the deductions. Its not that hard to work through the tax packs yourself and then plug it all into the etax program.

Have all business owners seen this new deduction? (bit more detail here and here)
  4. I did the tax returns for me & my BF via e-tax 2 weeks ago, took a total of 45 mins & we had the money in our bank accounts within 4 working days.
  5. Submitted mine last Saturday about 8pm ish and just found a nice return in my account saturday morning.....5 working days....credit cards might start working again!!!
  6. Saved me an extra $131 - cool :)