Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TAS Tassie was fine till I got fined

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by Chef, Jan 7, 2010.

1. #1 Chef, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    ...and to make matters worse I was in a cage.....:facepalm:

Yep, got pinged over christmas when I was visiting so i have a question.

Has anybody here had demerit points added to their license in Vic after being nabbed in Tas? I'm just trying to figure out whether I get myself nominated or not.

Or would it be better to ask again after everyone's gotten back? :cheeky:
    Cheers.

2. This was discussed some time ago. Info was sparse at the time and nothing concrete could be found. But it's believed that Tasmanian road authority (as do the other state's authorities) will advise Vicroads of the offence. VR will then apply what is the equivalent in points to your licence.

I do not know what happens if you commit an offence in say, NSW during a double demerit points period as we do not have that system here.

If you can, call VR and get your points standing. And see what happens in the coming weeks. See how many points are applied to your licence. ie. see if it's the amount that a Tassie resident would get or what VR applies for a similar offence.

3. Ignore. I just quoted something that I then found in the link above.

4. Might have something to do with everyone down there having the same surname, perhaps...

:cool:

5. #5 Chef, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2014
    Haha, I nominate my brother Darryl, and my other brother Darryl.

No probs. That's the frustrating thing about it Day, even though it's clearly written that they CAN or they MAY, nobody has been able to categorically say that they HAVE.

Yet there is plenty of anecdotal stories to say that they DON'T. Which makes me want to take the punt. But it's a big gamble, I think I'd rather keep as many points up my sleeve as possible. ;)

6. No... No no.... I wasn't giving advice. I am not saying to ignore the fine. I had posted a link to Hardy's site and a spiel on the same problem. I then read in the thread above that there was a link to a post with the same link so I tried to delete. Not finding a delete button I edited my post and tried to say that my post should be ignored. :oops:

But I agree with the reference to can and may. It is hit and miss whether Vicroads apply the points. But I am not suggesting that the fine is ignored. [-(

Did that all make sense>8-[