Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tassie - Rides

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Commando_NSR, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Hey guys, just seen a post that someone is going to tassie for their Honeymoon (Congrats).

Just wondering what steps you have to take to go to tassie, is there a boat or something. If anyone has done it please pass on some details as I wouldn't mind doing this.

2. Where are you located?
  3. Yep, there's a boat - a bloody big one! Leaves from Port Melbourne 2-4 times a week depending on season. Contact Tassie tourism office for details, but basically you pay for either a bunk (share cabin or private) or airline style seat for the overnight trip, and somewhere around $50 for the bike each way (ride on, ride off).
    Needs to be booked in advance, but outside of holidays it's pretty easy to get a spot.
    When you arrive, just head off on any direction - you can't go wrong in Tassie
  4. Boats, planes, yes they have them :)

I was gonna make a gag before about swimming or something similar, but the mind doesn't work that quick in the mornings (let alone any other time!)

Call TT line on 1800 634 906 or go to http://www.spiritoftasmania.com.au/
  5. I just booked 4 spots on the rubber dingy for next months trip.

Walked into a travel agent, gave them the names, regos and bike makes, gave them a wad of cash, they gave me some paper.

Simple really
  6. Nah, simple is booking online with your browser and waiting for the postman to deliver the tickets. :p
  7. Hope you are the one paddling, how many strokes do you think it will take to get there on that rubber thingy :LOL:
  8. I'll be wavin as I return to Melbourne on the ferry, the same day you lot head to Tassie :grin:

I'll save you some roads :grin:

Booked the whole lot on the net. TFE :)
  9. I've been across a few times on the ferry now, it's pretty painless... turn up with time to spare, load the bikes on.

Go up stairs and stand outside and look at the people arriving late.

Line up for tea, find a table, eat tea.

Go down the bar, have a couple of beers... check to see how rough the sea is... have a couple of more beers... repeat until either sea gets rough, stomach says sea is getting rough (even though it isn't) or the bar closes :)

When one wakes up next morning line up for breakfast, eat breakfast and by then you'll most likely be almost there :)
  10. Wow, seems to be heaps heading that way :?

We will be doing it next year with the two kidlets :? :cool:
  11. ppfftttt, I walk past the travel agent each day, if ya seen the norks on the woman issuing tickets, then my way is much better :grin: