Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tasmania Government rejects motorcycle safety levy law

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Mouth, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Wonder if that'll help the case for us Victorians?
  2. Nah, it just proves that for the last 2 times for the Victorian tax, our political lobbying groups could not put together a coherent argument and present it appropriately. :roll:
  3. Would help in Victoria, if we also had one or two politicans that would quesion legislation
    like they had in Tasmania
  4. HAhahaha!

I've been "communicating" with the dopey TAs minister for levying Motorcyclists for ages, now I'm going to pen a gloating, arrogant, smartarsed letter saying

"Told you so"

HAhahahahah :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

Happy days, even small victories are worth celebrating

This, ladies and Gentlemen, is why you make sure the Upper house retains the power to review the lower house, unlike the Federal debacle.

(I love it when a pollie gets the legislative equivalent to a smack down)
  5. I'd like to say this is the result of Iffracem's contant lobbying of the knobhead minister who introduced this rubbish. But alas, the upper house displayed some common sense in the end. Pity they couldn't have done the same with workers comp laws and tort reform.

Well done for keeping up the pressure JJ! :D
  6. ahhh it's a pleasure, introducing politicians to their many faults is a private crusade of mine.

He probably thinks I'll go away now... No WAY!! I've got to tell him how stupid arbitary reductions in speed limits are :D