Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

(Tas) Who is the best for Insurance?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by RazoRR, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who is the best place to get insurance for my bike with in Tas? Im fairly sure i cant use shannons being on my L's, first bike and under 25 so who else does it and who seems to be the better ones?

Any feedback will be a real help,

Cheers RazoRR

2. Western QBE, just get a quote on the net. Im not in Tas but they were the cheapest by far & now cover riding gear.

3. AAMI is who most of my mates use.

example, my mate luke is 20, jut off his P's, lost his licence once (car) owns a 2003 CBR600RR (cost $9,200) insured for $11,800. His premium is $940 (+/- $10) and his excess is $1100.

IMO thats pretty damn good considering it is his first sports bike and his first lot of insurance apart from 3rd party.

Your best bet though is ringing around and haggling for the best deal.

Swan and WQBE were double the price to insure the same bike :wink:

Az

4. Yeah QBE, they'll beat anyone else's quote anyway, and they seem to be the best I know a few people who have had to make claims and have never had an issue!

5. when you say "best" do you mean cheapest? because there can be a fair bit of difference in the details of your insurance cover, so the cheapest out there might not necessarily be the best.

6. I went with NRMA. $927 including an extra $60 screen cover, $400 base excess plus $400 under 25 excess, based on ~$5000 agreed value, 21yr old learner with full car licence with one big speeding fine on it. Insuremyride wanted $1200 and eBike wanted $1100

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.