Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[TAS] Stay Upright Advanced Skills Development Course, Sat D

Discussion in 'Other States' started by ForumBot, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: smack

Symmons Plains TAS
    Practical: Sat 01 Dec 2007 - Arrival: 8.15am (8.30am - 4.30pm)
    Theory Night: Fri 30 Nov 2007, 7.00pm - Prospect High School, Ralph Street, Prospect.

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Do it guys, you will learn so much and have a heap of fun!
    I did not put this in the calendar either.

Regards, Andrew.
  3. If i had a spare $270 (and a decent bike to do it on) I would do it...
  4. Lame excuse. Is your life not worth $270?

Regards, Andrew
  5. Some of us can't necessarily pull $300 and a day trip up north out of our @$$ though.

My question is what's the difference between this course and the advanced course with DECA that costs $50?
  6. Nate, I've seen you get plenty of things in there, getting something as small as $300 out of there shouldn't be a problem... hell it should just fall out if we can get you to cough.... OWNED

Seriously, if somebody does know the difference I'd appreciate some feedback on the difference between these 2 courses

7. Pretty sure its the focus of the course. DECA's couse is a road skills refresher for people who haven't been on a bike for a few a while. The Stay upright course is more orientated toward personal skill development. Thats the impresion I got about the DECA course when I was on my P's test. Could be wrong has been known to happen... sometimes I'm even right!???

Trying to phone Deca to clarify... all morning... must be Saturday or something :roll: But hell their's is $50, sure you could pull that out of somewhere! Do it as well :grin: Not sure if I'd be able to get the 23rd of december off work... unless something pretty strange happens.

thanks for making it a topic smack :idea:
  8. I'ld say the $50 DECA roadskills refresher course would be much the same as the $50 Stay Upright road skills refresher course, ride around traffic cones in carpark and do all the stuff you did in the P's test again. Whereas the $270 is 8 hours at the track doing it all at real world speeds. http://www.stayupright.com.au/advanced.htm

As a full time uni student Im going to struggle paying the $260 to register my bike for another 6months and pay for petrol between now and december, let alone find another $270 to do the course. If you're so worried about whether or not my life is worth $270 maybe you could give me the money? :roll:
  9. It starts at 8:30, with an 8:15 arrival time. Accomodation... another cost, although means the theory night would be a goer!
  10. Tisk, tisk people. Here's my excuse. I can afford it, I will do it, If I have my new(2nd hand) bike by then :p :LOL:
  11. I've not done any course with DECA but thinking of doing the subsidised one.

I did the stay upright one last year (yes, back when I actually owned a bike). Did it at Baskerville. It included things like emergency braking, obstacle avoidance, positioning on bike, road positioning, cornering etc. Also covered mental attitude. I found it very useful and it improved my confidence heaps. I was the only training I had done since doing my L's / P's back in the early 90's. Showing my age now huh! :roll:

There was a wide range of experience amongst the participants. Some riding for years, others just done the learner course.

I'd recommend it but of course there is the cost to consider.
  12. I'm going to have to postpone 'till next year... Have a mates bucks party during the day of the 1st. Such a pain in the a@#se that the courses aren't run more often! till next course... :roll: