Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[tas] speedo/tach???

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by obaka-san, Jul 22, 2009.

1. I was just reading the motorcycle inspection guide put out by DIER link and I noticed it doesn't mention anything about needing a speedo or tach, I had a quick flick through the car inspection aswell and didn't see anything in there either (although it's likely i missed it).

Can anyone clarify this for me? it's more out of interest than anything else but it would be usefull to know for some mods i'm vaugely thinking about (and to know if some copper who pulls me over is just spouting sh** :p )
  2. thanks for that. I figured the answer would be hidden away in another set of rules somewhere.

Is it really that hard for the government to keep all the rules in one spot?
  3. I imagine the state government doesn't feel the need to spell out the federal governments requirements as well as it's own.