Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tas ohara charity ride. wagga wagga

Discussion in 'NSW' started by LCGTR1970, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hi guys
    Just letting you all know about a charity ride coming up.
    It raises money for the Motor Neurone Disease charity.
    My mates father Tas who was an A grade racer from Sydney in the 70s and 80's, passed away from this disease and his family and friends have organised a charity ride as a way of bringing awareness and raising money to help find a cure.

The ride is on the 24th march and departs Wagga Motorcycles at 9 am. The cost is $30 if you pre pay or $35 on the day. Lunch, morning tea and drinks are provided and all money raised for a to the Motor Neurone charity.
    After the ride we all meet up at the Tolland hotel for drinks and raffles.
    Last year was fantastic for a first time event and raised approx $6000, so we want as many people as we can to participate and hope to break that figure.

You can register in person at Wagga Motorcycles.
    I will try and post a pic of the poster in the next few days.
    If you are keen let me know...it us for a great cause and is a great ride.

2. I REMEMBER Tas O'Hara, rode 125s mainly, I think?

I can't promise to get to the event but I'm happy to support the cause :).
  3. Hopefully I can pick up my bike by then. Would love to take it on this run for its first ride. Such a good cause.

Maybe Wagga Motorcycles can lend me a bike for the ride haha...

Are you in Wagga?

4. Hornet... Yeah that was him... Shame your so far away and can't come.

Hicksey...ha ha yeah ask them if you can borrow one of their top of the line bikes as a "test" ride thru the mountains...I'm sure they'll be fine! And yeah I'm from wagga.

Also sorry I haven't been able to provide too much detail on the destination, but we have had to revise it a few times due to the flooding and subsequent damage to the roads...but we are pretty sure well be heading off to cabramurra via talbingo to start with. Depending on the road check this weekend will determine which way we come home...ill keep you all posted.
  5. Any one know the 2013 date for this ride?
  6. Thanks for bringing this up again, mate, I'm going to try and make it this time!!
  7. 6th april? might be able to make it down by then...even if i have to take the boring ol' zzr
  8. If I've got the money, I might go on this.
  9. If I build up the guts I'll go. :unsure:
  10. Don't let fear stop you.
  11. Yeah 6th April.
    This year every entrant has the chance to win a Honda 125 bike as part of the entry fee gives you 2 free tickets in the raffle.
    Snags and coffee for breaky are for a gold coin donation, and lunch n morning tea is included.
    End up back at the sporties hotel for a few beers and prizes in the evening.
    Will be a really good ride too!!
  12. Anyone know roughly what time this ride finishes and the formalities at the sporties take place?
    Cause I gotta work Saturday night & might have to take a couple of hours leave?

Tip for the organisers..... put a contact number on the poster, that I have seen all around town.
    Rang Wagga Motorcycles...... got a bit of information, but very limited.

Anyway... I'll be there and looking forward to it (y)
  13. Ride is approx 400 kms. There are stops for morning tea, lunch and a couple for fuel. Leave at 9am.
    Meet at sporties at 6pm. Major raffle will be drawn and prizes handed out too....oh and lots of beer sunk too. It finishes when we get dragged out i spose.
  14. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year.