Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tas circumnavigation...

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by hegemony, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Hi all,

leaving on 22nd April for a circumnavigation of the Apple isle. Will post pics and report on return. We are going to basically follow the Targa Tasmania route, seems to follow most of the good roads. We will detour a few times though as we have a few more days than the targa crews.

Have read most of the Tassie posts here and have done one trip to tassie last year but if you have any must do minor roads...let us know and we can fit them in!

2. If your in Hbt on a Tuesday night swings by Joes Garage in Market Place. Its bike night and a few of us locals might be lurking.

Good luck with the trip. :grin:

3. Pffttt.....as if we are gonna give away those secrets....! :LOL: :LOL:
    Must do Nichols rivulet Rd.... :cool:

Drop by Joes on a Tues. and have a bevy with us!
  4. mmmmm.... nichols rivulet and the channel "loop"

<sigh> I miss that road..........
    If it's not wet, head up to strathgordon... noice!

5. Stay well away from the Huon Road and Morphetts Road intersection, bikes go boom there :rofl:
  6. Wrong, that's were the MovieWorld Tassie style can see Superman in action, but they tell me he won't be back for a year or so. :p :LOL:
  7. Thanks for the HOT tips....will definitely avoid those nasty roads. I think we will in fact be in Strahan on Tuesday night. If we make it to Hobart though in which suburb would one find Joes Garage?

Thanks for the invite!

8. Near the town hall. Hobart itself? it's close to water :)
  9. Middle of the city in Market Place - p/62346644

or http://www.joesgarage.com.au/

And for a ride, take the back way out of Hobart through Fern Tree, behind/past Mt. Wellington and eventually on to with Huonville or Sandfly - tight in places but pretty good run :)
  10. Cheers guys, might see you guys there. Not sure if we will make it though. Thanks for the invite and a few roads to explore. haven't been through nichols rivulet, plan to do it this time though.