Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TAS: can a p-plater register a non LAMS bike?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by TassieRider, Mar 26, 2010.

  1. Hi,

    It's 10 months until I'm off restrictions but my dream bike has come up for sale at a bargain price (which is unusaul as I live in Tas!!) - I want to buy it now and track it until I'm unrestricted. Do you forsee any issues with changing it into my name because it's not a LAMS bike? (I have no intention of riding it on the street until I legally can - I have a ute to get it to the track. Not worth the risk of voiding insurance etc. etc.!)

    Thanks in advance!
  2. none what so ever, I have trucks I am not licensed to drive registered in my name with no drama.. I just own them but others drive them for me.
  3. Thanks mate that's what I thought, I dropped into transport and they confirmed it. Thanks!