Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[TAS] Baskerville Track Day, Sun Aug 26th

Discussion in 'Other States' started by ForumBot, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Added to Calendar by: smack

http://www.srct.org.au/ Sports Riders Club of Tasmania

Back On Track
    In order to participate at a Ride Day/Clinic you will need to:

• Get yourself and your motorcycle to the track
    • Be wearing appropriate clothing: Helmet, Gloves, Boots, F...

... more

This is an automated posting of an Events Calendar entry.
  2. Ill be there weather permitting.
  3. So how was the track day. Obviously I didn't make it. Should have been a good turnout with it being a bit warmer than usual.

Did anyone stack it this time?
  4. Was a great day, it would have been pushing nearly 30 bikes there all up I reckon, and yep there was four low slides while I was there, and two of them was by the same guy on the same bike! It was an aprillia RS but couldnt tell if it was a 250 or 125.

I only did two sessions before I left as my rear tyre finally died and was walking out on me going onto the straight and through the sweeper off the straight.

But as I said before, great day for it and a massive turn out, I just need to get a new tyre ready before the next one :grin:

Edit: Ironically all the crashes happened in the intermediate group and was cold tyre related as far as I could tell as they all happened early in the sessions. You would think they would know better, there were no issues in the novice group apart from one rider running off the track but stayed upright, and no upsets in the race group.
  5. Cheers

Good to hear it all went well. What i'd give for a dedicated track bike. Wouldn't worry too much about canning it. Might hurt a bit though. :grin:
  6. I got the band practice in, so never made it. Luckily it looks like we're getting a weeknight organised for that, so no conflicts when the next one comes up.

C'mon techno, wouldn't it be best to get your own road bike first? :grin:
  7. Harsh, but you've been trained well!
  8. Why has it taken me several days to see this barb? :roll:

I could get an old bike that I can eventualy retire as a track only steed but I think it would likely leave me stranded somewhere in the meantime.

Oh well, back to dreaming.
  9. Hehe, would it have been polite to have emailed you the link? :p just joking.
  10. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not always trawling here looking for cutting remarks. I can get that at home. :LOL: