Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[TAS] '94 Suzuki GN 250, restored [SOLD]

Discussion in 'Archived' started by capotas, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Up for sale is a very nice 1994 Suzuki GN 250.

The bike has just had a full engine restoration (due to a dead big-end bearing). Restoration included:

- New connecting rod and big-end bearing.
    - New crankshaft bearings.
    - Re-bored cylinder and a new piston (first oversize), piston rings and piston pin.
    - All oil seals and gaskets renewed (obviously).
    - The valves have been lapped and new valve seals fitted.

In other words, the engine is pretty much as new. I believe the previous owner had a new clutch fitted recently.

The odometer shows 63,000 km before the restoration.

Tires and brakes are good, the chain and sprockets not new but still fine for quite some km's.

The rego expired in January but I will take it through an inspection before sale so it is ready to register in the new owners name.

The bike comes with a luggage rack and bag, a motorbike cover, plus the original Suzuki workshop manual (copy).

Price: $ 2,500.

I also have a DriRider RallyCross Pro 2 jacket size XS, which can go in the deal for some extra $$.

2. Year of the bike and pics would help
  3. It's a '94 model as stated in the subject line :)

I am trying to get some images up, but the browser is playing up. Watch this space.

4. Shhhh it never happened :p

Nice looking, bike.

Good luck with the sale.
  5. Great job on the resto. Did to paint the engine with enamel as well.
  6. Great job on the resto. Did you paint the engine with enamel as well.
  7. No, it's only been a mechanical restoration plus a good wash down. It just wears it's age very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.