Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tarra Valley Victoria w/end24-26Nov

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by motoplast, Nov 14, 2006.

1. The plan is to trailer the bikes down to Albury after work Friday (24th) stay at Albury o/nite then ride the bikes over those glorious mountain roads and meet up with a few Victorian Netriders for an evening of fun and entertainment at Yarra Valley then ride back to Albury on Sunday over more glorious twisty roads, load the bikes onto the trailers and drive the boring Hume hwy (Sesame St.) back to Sydney so we can all go back to work on Monday :cry: . Now we already have a few takers and I need no.s asap so I can organise what vehicles and trailers are needed.
    MickeyB this would be a good character building exercise for u !!
    Dante, r u coming?
    Cheers,
    Tex & Bundy

2. Sounds like a challenge Tex !

Trailers !!! okay . . .
    Whats the travel arrangements ???

I'd be in for this !!

Details !!
    Gimme details !!!

3.  Top
  4. I'll be meeting up with Sled tonight.

Does Tex have a trailer big enough to carry a Suzuki Boulevarde ? lol

Tex, have you read your PM ?

So we can camp or cabin hey !
    I'm thinking of taking my tent.

Now I have to look at luggage gear for the Monster !

5. Shit hot, some NSW crow eating freaks to bung shit on :)

Hope as many come as possible, be great so meet you guys. let me know if you need gear, i have a couple of spare sleeping bags i can throw in the ute.

6. Hey Micky,
    I'm sure Tex can organise a tandem for the bloulevarde, haha.
    Bring ya tent bro, we are short on cabin space. :cool:

7. Mickey B read your pm.
    Haaa, Woodsy, u Mexicans wouldn't know how to hang shit on us!!!!
    We appreciate the offer of sleeping gear, but if u were to carry all this extra gear and have room for the alcohol u will need a B Double !!!
    Cheers,
    Tex & Bundy.

8. Just a quick heads up for you guys, the cops are blitzing the hills at the moment on weekends and targeting bikes......so be wary when your around Healseville, Marysville and Kinglake.

as per this thread
    https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=28264

9. Tex, a DL650 and a TDM might come.
    But the TDM needs a leave pass from the commander in cheif ! LOL
    A GPX with nasty cans is reading this and no doubt will come along - but I've set my ground rules . . . NOT IN MY TENT !! hahahaha :p

What does this trailer look like ?
    The DL is a truck as it is already !!

10. Re: Yarra Valley Victoria w/end24-26Nov

:shock:
    Lets go over this .
    Albury to lets say Buxton ) = 2 1/2 hours .
    Buxton to lilydale = 50 mins
    Lilydale to noojee = 60mins

Now it gets confusing because on the one hand one post says we are meeting in Drouin ; thats 95kms or 1hr 20mins from lilydale and a further 107kms or 1 1/2 hrs BUT another post says we are going the same way as last time ( which is a better ride I think ) but from Noojee to Tara Valley 123kms or 1hr 35 mins.

Those times are approx and dont account for stops or for the allure of the black spur to repeat it a few times , or indeed the mermaids like singing drifting across from reefton.

Caz . I'm assuming this route - Lilydale to noojee to Tara Valley . Is there a stop somwewhere in Drouin ? I'm confused .

11. K8, there is no stop in drouin, the plans have been changed since Rod is now the ride leader :)
    The NSW guys will be meeting us at either Noojee or Yarra junction, I have to discuss it with maddog tonight.
    All Melbourne folk will be leaving from Lilydale Macca's and the Gippy folk can meet at Drouin and then meet up with us at Noojee when we have our Latté stop :)

12. Change the bloody topic title,
    I can see myself sitting up in the Yarra Valley stopping every rider, going;
    'are you from N.S.W.?'
    'will you be my friend anyway?'
    'will you let me ride with you then?'
    'just a little way?'

Scheff

13. HaHaHa, that could be your excuse for the hierachy in your house to let you come with us :p

I'll get Tex on the job ASAP!
    I'm sure he can find the edit button, even if he can't do the quote thing properly :wink: :LOL:

14. Didn't think of that!

"Darl, i have to go....really i do....they're from out of town....they might get lost.....how could we live with that?" :wink:
    "Be back in a while.....honest."
    "Yes, i'll pick up some milk."

Scheff

15. Micky told me about this tonight ,sounds great.

But I have a family thing on the saterday that I really can't miss.
    Oh well ,you guys can do the run and see how it all goes ,and I will look forward to the next one, I'm sure it won't the the last.

And the boulevarde would need it's own trailer ,maybe a semi trailer.
    :LOL:

16. Micky told me about this tonight ,sounds great.

But I have a family thing on the saterday that I really can't miss.
    Oh well ,you guys can do the run and see how it all goes ,and I will look forward to the next one, I'm sure it won't the the last.

And the boulevarde would need it's own trailer ,maybe a semi trailer.
    :LOL:

17. mickeyb, have been involved with 'Survive the Ride' stuff tonight, will call u tomorrow. We will make enough room for bikes once I know numbers. If the weather holds up, it will be a magic ride.
    cheers,
    Tex & Bundy

18. 5 more sleeps to go folks :grin: \:D/
    The BOM forecasts brilliant riding weather too :dance: