Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tarantino to direct Hendrix biopic

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by van, Apr 27, 2006.

1. http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2006/04/25/quentin_tarantino_slated_to_direct_jim_h

I've also heard whispers that Andre 3000 might be playing Hendrix...

Seems about right!

2. Tarantino? I am not sure if thats a good thing. His movies are a tad formulated. I am a huge Hendrix fan and I hope he does it justice. Short of the beard and the Afro and the fact he is black, I dont think he looks that much like Hendrix.
  3. Woo hoo another Hollywood disaster,

Can't wait to see how they turn history around this time ..
  4. You're right, Tarantino doesn't look much like Hendrix at all ;)

I kid I kid.

But nah, I don't know if it matters that much. A semblance of aesthetic resemblance is all you need; it's more about energy and attitude and character. Joaquin Phoenix doesn't look much like the young Johnny Cash, but he pulled off the part amazingly in Walk The Line.

As for Tarantino's style being the one for this movie, I have similar fears myself!
  5. The thing about tarentino, is he doesn't have teh subtlty necisary for good biography, but when it comes to soundtracking things, he does create great atmosphere...
    not going to coment, i was one of the people that said Tom Cruse would make a crap lestat, and he ended up being the highlight of the movie.
  6. Hendrix may have guns built into his Fender Stratocaster, you never know. The burning guitar at the Monteray festival may (via artistic license) turn out to be a massive explosion. I will be very concerned if Uma Thurman is in this.
  7. I fcuking hate Uma Thurman. And I don't hate much.
  8. My homage to Jimi on my right shoulder blade :) http://www.connect4.com.au/waz/t/MVC-042F.JPG

Read/seen so many hendrix doco's, nothing new could be in this anyway for me. Not much care but I'll see it anyway. Never too much of (the real) Jimi!