Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tank protector.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by sinbad, Aug 28, 2005.

1. whats the thing on your tank that protects it from your fly called? just a tank protector?

if you know where i can get a cheapie, let me know as shops are charging an arm and a leg for whats essentially a thick sticker....
  2. What sort of price are you referring to when you say arm and a leg?? What do you mean by cheapie??
  3. I got mine for about $8.00. I'd call that cheap!!
  4. An operation might be cheaper......
    Hey N1GH7, how's the new bike???? Huh Huh??
  5. Most bike shops carry a whole randge of them, ibcluding brand name themed ones in a whole heap of colours.

If you can't find one you like, you're probably too hard to please!
  6. They are called a Tank Protector.

They vary in size, shape, material and price.

They start from around $8 and go right through to $130.

There is a very cheap option and that is clear/coloured contact that you used to put on your books at school.

A roll will cost you 2 fifths of bugger all and you will have many years supply.

You could also try asking Steve from Direct Print, click on his banner for his contact (no pun intended) details, he may be able to cut you one from vinyl.

7. Make a riceboy one..

Small piece of cardboard, some aluminium foil, and about 10 minutes and you've got a 'got NOX' tank protector.

It'l make you bike go faster too.!
  8. My one (800k) for the yamaha r6 is a beaut - very good investment.

Can't remember exactly how much it cost, was about $80 off the top of my head.

Made by Geelong Carbon Copy.
  9. mine from GCC was $130 and the cheapest from Honda was $32 but damn ugly
  10. Jeez, Dan, you obviously have something WORTH protecting there!! lol
  11. you'd better believe it hornet :LOL:
  12. The really cheap foam ones go very shabby very quick, the cheap imitation carbon fibre ones can last ok. The triumph original equipment one last well too.
  13. yeah i need one of these too got massive scratches from my fly and one real deep one from when i sat on my tank!
  14. just order one for the 750.
    $120 for a "small" carbon fibre tank protector by G.C.C.

the $30 rubber ones that you get everywhere weren't gonna cut it.
    i seem to enjoy rubbing against the suzi a bit to much :shock:
  15. $12 or $16... can't remember.

Pro-grip, plain fake carbon fibre.

Paid for itself already.
  16. What about one (other than carbon fibre) that goes around the sides? I am scratching the side of the tank with my knees. I've seen one on a bike but nowhere in a shop?
  17. Yeah the $10 pro-grip ones are ok, but it is totally worth while getting a carbon fibre from GCC, they are awesome.