Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

tank movement..

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by Nel, Oct 10, 2007.

1. im on my first cruiser. (03 Honda VT750C)
    and im havin' a freaken ball on it. :grin: (..Enduro background.)
    ive gone thru a few tanks of fuel in the first week or so...as ya do...and i have found when 'Marcelle' is running on empty, her tank gets some movement and rattles due to its lighter weight. i have removed the seat and checked the bolt holding it at that point, but all the movement and rattles are coming from the top end of the tank.
    SO..is this a normal issue with empty cruiser tanks or will i go the next step and remove the tank to give 'Marcelle' some extra coushioning for her tummy??

all help and comments greatly appreciated.

Nel

2. OR....!!!!

am i giving it to 'Marcelle' a bit too much...like im still on my XR600??

:?

corrrd!! :LOL:

3. It's a well-known problem with cruisers that they don't run so well when their tanks are empty. I've heard it can also be an issue for lawn-mowers.

Marcelle deserves the silk treatment - I'd be silencing that rattle! (It's surely not a need of extra cushioning, but a problem of something being not where it's meant to be, or being there at all, or doing what it's meant to do - I'd go exploring.)

4. thanks for the reply mattb

it seems like the small pad where the tank sits, (on the frame) high under the tank is missing. no biggie, i wanted to see if this was common with an empty tank with cruisers.
    like you say..time to go exploring..

onya :beer: