Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tank Cam Help Needed

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by enforcer, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Equipment:

* Canon MV500i
    * CCTV Security Colour Spy/Pinhole CMOS Wired Camera, T1

* I am only able to view an image from the CCTV camera when the Canon MV500i is set to PLAY(VCR) mode -> When I press the record button it does not record.

Fault Lodged Ref#1635654

2. My panasaonic is like that too, you switch it to VCR mode, like you would if you were playing back your tape on a TV.

With my camera, to record in VCR mode, you have to push [REC]+[PLAY] at the same time, and it will start recording.

It's the same as using the camera to record off a TV, VCR or another camera.

If all else fails, read your manual on recording from external sources, you might have to use a remote to start recording, if it came with one.
  3. Thanks 7THSIN.

The [REC]+[PLAY] wasn't working but recording via remote worked fine.

4. you need "AV in" as a feature on your movie camera
    and i think your model doesn't have that feature, but the
    MV550i does..
  5. pretty sure thats the same model as my old camera, the in function only operates as a pass through for DV. in other words, it acts like a video capture card but cant record on to its own tape :?

bit annoying, i didn't find this out till after i bought mine. looked into it properly before buying the next camera....
  6. That CMOS lens is identical to the one I used at the track day, apart from it looks to have a resistor? sticking out the side?

The quality isn't too bad for the price, and it's got an inbuilt microphone.

enforcer, if you're wondering how to mount it, I'll show you what I did with mine.
    I used a rubber door-stop, which is just big enough to fit the lens inside, and the 9v battery fits neatly behind it.