Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tamworth and Beyond

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by fuggit, Sep 19, 2005.

1. OOOOOOOOkkkkkkk i think i've got the right thread this time :D Hi all i'm a lookin at going across to Tamworth for a overnight cruise in the next coupla weeks firstly i'm just wonderin if anyone has been to the motorcycle museum threre and secondaly where is a good/safe place to stay with motorbike cheers and beers
    oh and if yourself/ves feel like getting away from it all just let us know and we can meet up along the way etc

2. Don't know about the one at Tamworth, but if you're going that far, the National Motorcycle Museum at Nabiac on the Pacific Highway is a "must see"
  3. Nigel I had arranged to stay at the Paradise Caravan Park at the eastern end of Peel Street. It's just had a change of ownership, and is a nice, clean place, reasonably priced.
    The Motorcycle Museum is by all reports very much worth a look; I didn't because I was just recce-ing the route, and would have looked at it on that weekend. Unfortunately the ride didn't happen, so I still haven't seen it!!
  4. Last time I came through Tamworth we stopped at a pubon a corner in the middle of the main drag. I think it was called the Central Hotel. cheap. self-service brekky. locked the bikes under cover in the yard. Only odd bit was leaving next morning. There were no staff thereon sunday morning, so we had to let ourselves out via the fire escape.