Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Talk Like A Pirate Day, Again

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by RobE, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Avast maties, International Talk Like A Pirate Day is but one week hence.

‘Tis true, ask yon Google if ye be doubtin’ me, damn yer innards and rot ye!

Aarrgh (hawk & spit) ‘Tis mighty diverting, spread the word ‘round your fleet. A merry folly to be sure!

Costume is optional (if ye be takin’ me drift) but ye must, at the hindmost, punctuate thy speakin’ with “aarghâ€s, “thyâ€s and “yeâ€s.

Ye can also dub thyself wi' a true pirate's name.

Fair winds to thee.

Farewell for now from,

Black Bobbie

This was last year's thread, aarrgh

2. Arrr, I be thinkin' I heard a wind tickling the top'mast; time to break out the regalia, that's fer sure...

(doesn't leave much time to book in to get my leg amputated, though :rofl:)
  3. No, I do not have a parrot costume. :p
  4. Arrrrr, in the name of theee FSM ye do celebrate thy Pastafarian friends!

5. Ramen Brother, let us all do our bit to balance GW and Pirates!

6. I miss Pro Pirate :LOL:
  7. Arrgh Hornet me hearty, ye need to change yer sig for this (I'm sure ye knows the Jimmy Buffet Song I means) :LOL:
  8. done :wink:
  9. Time for a Friday Pirate Joke...

A pirate and his parrot, were adrift in a lifeboat following a dramatic escape from a valiant battle. While rummaging through the boat's provisions, the pirate stumbled across an old lamp.

Secretly hoping that a Genie would appear, he rubbed the lamp vigorously. To the amazement of the castaways, a Genie came forth. This particular Genie, however, stated that he could only deliver one wish, not the standard three. Without giving any thought to the matter the pirate blurted out, "Make the entire ocean into rum!" The Genie clapped his hands with a deafening crash, and immediately the entire sea turned into the finest rum ever sampled by mortals.

Simultaneously, the Genie vanished. Only the gentle lapping of rum on the hull broke the stillness as the two considered their circumstances.

The parrot looked disgustedly at the pirate and after a tension-filled moment spoke: "Now yee've done it!! Now we're goon to have to pee in the boat."
  10. [​IMG]

. . . motoplast-pirate ! YAAARRR !

11. Is that your way of saying "Hello Sailor"... :p :LOL:
  12. yes, Tex was a Able-Seaman performing Rear Admiral duties !! :grin:
  13. arrrrrrrr, and a jaunty pirate day to all of yees
  14. Respect to the bloke I saw walking round town in his Pirate outfit today!!
  15. Arrr...yer scurvy dogs...pass me some rum an' a fife an' if thar's a hot lookin' jack around I'll be havin' th' lad too :wink: :twisted: