Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

talk about being a newbie ...sheesh...

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by dark8, Aug 27, 2005.

1. was trying to get up a kerb.. (a very big kerb) with the rear wheel on an angle.
    Rear wheel slips and doesnt get up, and the rear slides out and gets the bike on an angle towards the left almost falling onto a car.
    I try to give it more throttle (here's the newbiest part) and the rear slides to the left even more,
    my exhaust can touches the car's front indicators and cracks a small hole in it.
    The owner comes back (i needed to wait for him to come back so i could back my bike out) and we swap details.
    talk about the dumbest newbiest thing to do...
    so embarrassed, and that indicator light will cost about $100 odd to fix as well...fAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRkkkkkkkk...... :-(

2. Don't beat yourself up, mate, we've all done stoopid things like that. For future reference, always approach a kerb at 90 degrees if you can!!!!
  3. yeah the thing is i could have chosen anywhere to go up that kerb...instead i chose to go between some parked cars!!

geez rc36honda you're up early arent u?
  4. You did the right thing by giving the person your details; in the grand scheme of things that balances you "newbie" accident, and in terms of how you feel, you should still be in front. Damn pity about the hundred bucks, though!!!