Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Taking the long way to Sydney. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by MitchRohr, Oct 20, 2009.

1. So I'm heading off to Sydney today and have a few hours to burn. I did the putty road for the first time last Friday and it was amazing, so I want to try something different. Am I missing anything on the way? Any recommendations on places to stop? Any help would be greatlly appreciated.

2. Thanks mate. I ended up doing that route but it was all traffic until about Calga. I've been spending most of today ripping up and down the Old Pac between Calga and Mt. Cowan. Bloody good day. Awesome pies at Pie in the Sky too. Good times.
  3. lamb pies can't be beat at PITS :wink:
  4. although i will say the blueberry with cream is pretty up there also.. also keeps the size of my mid section up there .
  5. Yeah I got the lamb one, 'twas quite delectable along with the gatorade to try and reduce the dehydration (how bloody hot was it yesterday?!)