Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

taking off sweet now

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mick No:8, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Just a short sweet thank-you to every-one for tring to help me with my take off problem. I guess it all comes down to time and pracist. I take of sweet now even in heavy traffic. So once again thank you all your help and tips. :grin: :grin:
    That why I love forum like these where it's not about money or personal gain but, riders looking out for riders.

2. I have to ask - did you end up taking it up to 10,000RPM as suggested, or did you find it possible at much lower revs?
  3. did they also remind you to keep your hand firmly gripped to the front brake while accellarating?
  4. I tried everything @ 3-4000 revs and @ 10,00 revs. I notices that at 10,000 revs I can cleck into 2nd gear smoother andthe bike would accellerate faster. I would often do this find there is no one around. In heavy traffic I would change/ take off at 3,4000 revs. The most imported thing though is to have a steady hand/throttle.
  5. :applause:
    "spot on bevan!"
  6. #7 _joel_, Nov 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  7. Good to hear!

Now that you are getting your clutch control sorted, you can really start to appreciate what your bike is capable of.

:grin: :grin: :grin: