Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Take two

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Rabbito, Aug 1, 2010.

1. #1 Rabbito, Aug 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    The second trial with the camera mounted on the bars of the GS500...not so good in the shade..pretty good in the sunny breaks. The camera is a Casio 'Exilim' shooting in video mode.

2. Nice vid mate. Great weather too ! Bit different to that on display here in Templestowe :( Out of action for a few days... my turn to endure this stupid (flu) virus ! Otherwise, I'd be down there, turning and burning with you.
    Enjoy...oh, and the music is very fitting (y)
  3. ...it all makes sense after the 'shrooms and the pruple haze!
    Sorry to hear you are down with the sickness...good times are just around the corner Nickers.
  4. Thanks for the encouraging message mate. Good times are indeed just around the corner. Enjoy your day dude.
  5. Neat vid Rabbito! (y)
    Also liked the shift to seeing the passing reflections in your shades ... have you got 2 cams mounted, or are you turning the one?

PS - hope you're over that lurgy quickly Nickers, seems to be a lot of it going around.
  6. Thanks Nightowl. Not sure, but this one may be an international import - left Hong Kong Thursday evening. Definitely no riding for me !

Your ride Rabbito - was that on the usual route Borneo, Flinders, Hastings etc ?
  7. @ nickers..the road was a section of the Mornington/Flinders road out from red hill.

@ nightowl..if you look close you can see a few continuity errors there..power lines and trees near open fields..I took about ten minutes of 'portrait footage' and dropped that into the actual ride footage.

the camera mount is from e bay... http://cgi.ebay.com.au/DC-IG-B05-Mo...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35ab1ca8f7

it is not quite right for the GS...I might have a go at manufacturing a quick and nasty one based one it...I mean..how hard can it be?
  8. Hi Rabitto, first up love your vids, secondly .. love those Boneo, Redhill, Flinders sweepers.. not a complaint mate but do you ever do your vids with just the music of the bike? I'm oldschool, love the sound of pipes.

again.. good work
  9. Thanks Nobby.
    I have done...but I dont like the booming sound of the wind at speed..it drowns out the engine. I do have a fix for it..double sided tape over the mic on the camera. I just need some nicer weather to try it out. Even then I'd still be tempted to have something toe tapping in the background.
  10. Would never have noticed unless you pointed that out :rofl: ... too busy enjoying it all, still very smooth & neat change in perspective.

That camera mount looks good but seems like it would raise the camera quite a bit (10cm?).

Nothin' wrong with making your own ... lol ... am sure yours would look much neater than mine. Currently using a mount better suited to bicycle helmets, now slip-proofed with some gaffer tape & for added security (in case camera falls off) a bootlace! At least the gaffer tape sort of blends in but it does the job for the mo'. :wink:

One of those exotic varieties and you're stuck in quarantine?! :eek: Get well soon. (y)