Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Take it on the chin, then contest the ban

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by LifeIsCheap, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was done doing 35 over in a 60 zone in my Cooper S. Got the $590 fine and and I got slapped with a mandatory 3 month suspension. I accepted the fine but went to court and pleaded my case and got the ban reduced to a month instead.

If you go to court to contest the infringement and don't win, you're screwed - $2200 fine and a six month ban. If you accept the fine then go to court to plead the points then they can't raise the ban or the fine so you'll be no worse off and may get it shortened.

P.S. First post! Did the first day of the learners course today. Never ridden before - a bit shaky but lots of fun.
  2. Welcome, perfect first post.

Now, go back and complete the rest of your profile so people know where you are ;)

OI Miss_DJ, hear that?

Challenge it babeeeeeeeeee
  3. I must mention which state the offence occurred and I would have if I bothered to read the sticky that says "read this before posting in politics and the law.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.