Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TAFE short courses

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by deafwish, Aug 4, 2005.

1. A few months back, i completed a 'motorcycle maintainance' short course at Holmsglen.
    I'd recomend it to anyone, girls, boys, novice or half educated (like me...) as i learned a heap about bikes and mechanics in general.
    The bloke who does it services and maintains the Australia Post bikes and is very approachable and enjoys a good laugh.
    The course cost me around $250 from memory and worth every penny.
    IMHO, it's always good to know whats actually happening down there when your riding!
    PM me if anyone wants any more info.
    Daz. :wink:

2. I went along to that course a couple of years ago now. Very informative. Sounds as if its a different chap now. The one that was there then was a Yamaha mechanic from FTG.
  3. just a question but is this a weekend course/night course etc.? How long is it?

Thanks Adam
  4. I hope it was better than two of the 3 courses I have done with Tafe.

In one case the tutor said they did not know much about the program but whatever they could not answer they would get someone to answer the question. Dead right, they knew f all. :twisted:

The one I'm doing now, the tutor knows the subject alright, but able to deliver it? XXXX :x

The first one I did, they ended up changing tutors so often we didn't know which end was up, then they mispelt the name of the course on the certificate. :evil: When it was pointed out to them, they had the cheek to ask for a fee for another certificate. They changed it and did not get a fee.

T (totally) A (all) F (F'ed) E (Experts)

5. well you know the saying don't you!

"Those that can do, do and those that can't teach!"
  6. 3 hours a week for 3 weeks.
  7. Yeh, that's about right......
    My tutor was sponsored by Gas Gas m/cycles.....
    Him and his son race motorcross bikes.....
  8. very useful the course will be for me.i gave them a fone call and they will post me a info pack.
    the only downer is that i will spend well over 1hour getting there @ night time cos i live in the far west.
  9. I just signed up for this course at holmesglen the other day.

The next course starts on the 23rd This month and it only costs $160 for 3 3hr classes.

Everyone join up because if they don't get the numbers they'll cancel it and i really want to go :D .

10. i joined up and so did my mate.
  11. What were the courses Brian - & who were the teachers?

(PM me if you don't want to publish here)
  12. I have been thinking about doing this course :? . It probably wouldn't hurt to know a little more about my bike rather than leaving it to my mechanic which is such a me thing!! :roll: Apparently, my oil needs to be changed so if I could do that myself, I'd be happy. :)

Working 2 mins from the Homelsglen campus helps too.

:D :D
  13. Thanks Matt, I forgot about the spanner day and it's a bugger cause I have something on 1 October.

14. Geez!
    I should've hit Holmsglen TAFE up for a spotters fee!
    :twisted: :D :p :LOL:
  15. This sounds cool, something i'll probably do after I save up some $$$, just had to pay for my Licence test... going on 29th april (yay me ;) )
  16. Booga - I assume you mean 29th August?? :wink:

17. Daz, did u do the May course...coz we might have done it together. I was the one with the scottish bloke

Linda :)
  18. micx0r did you sign up for the course at chadstone on the 23rd??, if so i might see you down there, hopefully it gets the numbers they need.