Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Tacho for 2000 Intruder.

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by GADGET, Feb 18, 2012.

1. Hi all, hope this is ok here, I would like to ad a tacho to my 2000 Intruder VL 250, is it an easy thing to do? ,I have the very quiet standard twin exhaust pipes and at my age have trouble hearing the revs and a tacho would help,hoping it's a simple mod to make life a bit easier.I don't want to poke holes in the baffles to make it louder,I like it quiet.Thanks for any advice.

2.  Top
  3. Thanks Chris, I googled many time but found nothing but logic told me it shouldn't be a problem, I have read many posts on forums complaining about the lack of a tacho but never a solution.It will make my riding even more of a pleasure,thank you.

4.  Top
  5. Thanks smidsy.they look great, problem solved.:)

6. I'm going to go out on a ledge here and assume you haven't had the bike long?

It's just that after a while, you will find feeling the revs easier. I can understand how being able to hear it is a boon when starting out though.

If you do get the tacho, make sure you mount it high on your bars so you can see it without *looking* at it.

Any-who, have fun mate. Be safe and keep it shiny side up.

7. Thanks for the comment Aussie, only had the bike a few weeks,since I asked about the tacho I have noticed that more often I can pick the gear so I might wait a bit longer as the need for the tacho might go away,being a very quiet bike the Intruder is just a bit harder to hear,thanks.