Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TAC Ride Smart Cd

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by mickdundee, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Was released on the weekend evidently. Not seen it personally but supposedly a very good product. Certainly not the be all and end all of motorcycle training but certainly can't hurt either.

2. You can order yourself a free copy if you go to: http://www.spokes.com.au

Edit: Just ordered mine, figure I should get something for my $50 a year levy.
  3. My PC is to old.... I'm still stuck using ME!!
  4. Is it the same as the ride-on or a new concept all together ?
  5. I got to test a beta version..... Basically it plays a small film clip from the view of sitting on a bike then it stops and asks you multiple choice questions like "What happens next"?, "What do you need to look out for"? etc.

Seems like a good Learner's tool.
  6. It's also the best way to do it. Installing an upgrade over an older system means that you're bringing across extraneous junk to the new install.

Me, I'd still be running Win98SE if it were not for the 4 gig file size limit of FAT32. Went to XP so we can work with large video files under NTFS.
  7. I had a parcel delivered this morning which contained a video titled "Ride On - A new approach to safe rider training".

Contents as follows:

1. Bike Control Skills
    a. Before you ride.

b. Controlling your bike
    - head checks
    - head and eye placement
    - low speed braking
    - low speed turns

c. Controlling your bike at high speeds
    - changing direction
    - braking
    - set up, squeeze
    - changing surfaces

2. Mental skills to recognise harm
    a. survival space (calculating, protecting)
    b. survival space in curves

3. Self-control skills

The video came with a helmet bag (well, I think it is??), neckwarmer, keyring, sticker and a TAC "Save your skin" brochure. lol!!!

:D :D

8. Kewl it comes with a neck warmer!
    I ordered mine a week ago how long did it take to get there Lids?
  9. Smee, I think it was about a month.

10. No sandpaper Lids? Package I received with the ride on video ages ago had some rough grade wet and dry sandpaper, yet to come in handy for anything but it will eventually.
  11. Nope, not this time but I got the sandpaper sometime ago. lol!!

12. Got my package this morning too, the ride smart CD is exactly like the drive smart CD so far, but ive only done the first 19 scenarios which are basic observation.
  13. awsome im getting a copy :p
    I can give the new neck warmer to my mum so she doesnt get cold out in the paddocks, the keyring to my dad cos i didnt do anything for fathersday, the sticker and brocure to my brothers, and the helmet bag to my older brother. wow its like, gifts for the whole family....
  14. i ordered mine awhile ago.. :(
  15. ROFL!! Eswen, that's just PRICELESS!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

16. I ordered mine about 5-6 weeks ago and havn't seen a thing yet, so it could be a bit of a wait.
  17. I ordered mine about 4 weeks ago and it is here .
    I must say TAC have done a good job.
    with the neck warmer for winter
    keyring rubber so not to scract your bike ,
    ride on video as well as the CD

I personally think that they should be comended for it , and i will write them and tell them that.
  18. oh thats a good idea, to bad ai cbf to write the letter, but maybe at the bottom of yours you coul dput my name too :LOL:
  19. if you finish the ride smart component, you can register for a prize. i ordered mine last week so i shld be able to enter the 6 February 2006 draw. yeah!