Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC TAC fonally did something right

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by spenaroo, Mar 19, 2012.

1. just saw the latest ad from the tac,
    its great i applaud, shows motorcyclists as an hightend aware, concious road user. puts the driver as an ignorant person (well more jus selfish)
    but more importantly shows the driver at fault not the bike.

here it is,

this is a big step in the right direction.
    i beleive some letters of encouragement should be sent to the tac on this (let them know they have done well in their approach to this one)

2. That ad is great and should be shown australia wide. Pump it into drivers heads over and over.
  3. shame its not a new effort. but of course they only spend new money to make us look like richard-craniums.
  4. It's an old ad they ran years ago.
  5. It still gets the message across and its more than whats ever been done in nsw...
  6. Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds acorns.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Good to see the old ad back. It's a bucket load better than the "it's up to you" debacle.

The ending is a good one for highlighting SMIDSY - it just needs to be framed in a SMIDSY context. The driver changed lanes without doing a headcheck that cleared their blindspot. Simple message easily delivered.
  8. best ad they've ever shown . still just as relevant today.
    overall very impressed with the current campaign as linked.
    these are fantastic >

Attached Files:

9. Hi,

Great to see, I got a response to my initial email yesterday so I am going to reply this morning and point out the positive feedback they are getting. Their reply is here -

From what I can gather there seems to be a change for the better and I agree with spenaroo in the OP the some positive reinforcement could do some more good here.

Cheers Jeremy
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I think Jessica runs the facebook page. I don't know where she is in the pecking order. Hopefully your emails are getting pushed further up the tree. Good onya Jem. Good to see some spirit and enthusiasm!
  11. Good to see that ad back on.