Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC TAC advertising in video games

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by JimmyD, Mar 8, 2011.

1. sooo, i was merrily playing along on my PS3 racing some motocross and what comes up on a billboard next to the track, a bloody TAC advertisment.

do they really think that people that play these games are going to take notice of this, or even listen to it. i suppose if someone sees the stupid adds a billion times they might remember it.

do you think this is going a bit far, or should this just be expected and more these days.

should we expect spam from the TAC in every mailbox if it knows that you're into cars or motorbikes?

i think its too far, why do i need to be told that 'everyone hurts when you speed' when i'm playing on the playstation lolz. especially when in real life, if you ride too slow on a mx/sx track you will get hurt big time.

end rant.

ps. i know this is random, but i'm just putting it out there.

where else have you seen random TAC ads?
  2. Hey, *you* noticed it :).
    Heaps of it in modern racing games these days dude.
  3. Pretty sure they have some in GT5...
  4. That can only mean that playing computer games makes you better at controlling vehicles. I mean, thats where our money is going right... supporting video games.