Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

TAC ad on tv

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by undii, May 3, 2005.

1. A friend was watching tv at my place and I noticed there was a T.A.C ad where some car (or truck??) driver made a person riding a motorbike crash and the slogan was "PUT YOURSELF IN THEIR SHOES"

Anyone seen this? Is this a (new?) series hopefully letting car drivers wake up that there are motorbike riders on the road??

*excited there might be a campaign about this* :)

2. Third year running they are showing this ad.
    The more they show it the better imo
    Also they have a radio ad "I spy with my little eye something beginning with M" an the father of the kid can't figure it out so kid says "Motorbikes"

Your $50 at work
  3. ah ok (well I really don't watch tv. Well I haven't watched tv for like 5-6 years. Guess it shows)

Thanks for the info
  4. well its certainly not working!

this morning cruising on the monash at 100km. im in the middle when the guy next to me decides he wants to be where i am. with a truck to my right and the car merging... i lean as much as i could whilst beeping then braking...

obviously i didnt come off... :)
  5. Yeah, well, I drive a reasonably large car (Commodore), which is easily seen, or so I thought. I've had people try to merge with me. I've seen people try to do it with trucks.

So, really, what hope do we have? While we allow idiots to get licences, this problem will be a perpetual one.

Having said that one of the mates nearly had a head-on with a Landcruiser near Swift's Creek on Saturday. He said that he didn't see the vehicle till the last second, just about. The Landy driver didn't have time to react. The mate pulled out to pass a car, then muttered to himself, "oh hell, what have I done? I'm such a silly sausage" and rapidly moved back over when he spotted the Toyota.

So yeah, even the best of us have lapses in concentration. This fellow's a good rider, and can punt his 600 CBR with the best of them. And he's not a young 'un, either. He qualifies for ths OLFARC club thing that some of the guys are in.....
  7. undii ,
    that serated edge tomotoe plants you have growing in your back yard , you got too stay off it mate :LOL:
  8. I nearly head butted an idiot on a mini bike last night :shock:

Mind you the organ donor was on the wrong side of the road at the time with NO headlights or tail lights :roll: and on a major road that had no street lighting :facepalm:
  9. reply

That ad has something missing.

The court room where the idiot is sentenced to pay all the riders costs and damages and a hefty fine, AND has to use taxis for at least a year. (Yeah right, in my dreams)

10. you mean the lebanese tomatoes? whats the go with them anyways, my dad used to grow them all the time, never saw the point tho gos the damn things never fruited :? i think my dads crazy, he kept trying year after year to get the things going, must be the climate or something....

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  11. I actually like those ads. I once heard that radio one in the car with a couple of my close non-bike friends. And I felt that ice cold silence when that ad was over, where we all silently thought how there was wisdom to be gained from it.

The tv ad with the 'put yourselves in their shoes', i saw ages ago before i even considered becoming a rider. And I didn't think much about it then, but now that I ride, I really do understand why drivers really need to 'put themselves in our shoes' when they see us on the roads.