Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sympathy Please!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by splitty, May 3, 2008.

1. leaving for work this morning 5am rolled the bike off the centrestand pushed it out of the garage leant it over onto side stand it just kept coming before i knew it, it was on it's side in laying in the driveway :oops:

still can't figure out what happened i don't know if i bumped the side stand with my leg as i was pushing it out or what, ended up with
    scratches on the mirror,motor casing, small ones down on the bottom of fairing and bent the clutch lever.
  2. heh, a trick we will all perform at least once :LOL:
  3. [​IMG]

Couldn't resist :LOL: Sucks about the bike though
  4. yeah just hope it is only the once :!:
  5. Sounds like you didn't kick the sidestand fully forward and it just rolled off it. Bad luck, but this lesson is here to teach you to be 110% sure before you trust a sidestand.
  6. Damn, sorry to hear it bud. Its always that one time when you're not concentrating 100%.....
  7. Don't worry. It's annoying more than anything else. Whatever the reason, we all end up doing it... :oops:
  8. Yep dunnit. :oops:
    More than once :roll: :oops:

Start a poll, nearly everybody here has done it or is about to.

On the upside, you didn't do it at a servo in front of lots of spectators and the little blond hottie you were trying to look cool in front of.
  9. Given that you asked for sympathy you shall receive none. C'mon man, harden the fcuk up! If that's the worst accident your bike is involved in praise all mighty Jesus and his brother Trevor. :twisted:
  10. yeah i know as soon as i posted it i shouldn't have put that in for the subject does make me sound like a sook
  11. If its at 5am it was bound to happen once ey haha.
    I was so so so close to do it when i was looking at a few bikes yesterday in the bike dealership :S

being a newbie and all . Now i know to take extra care
  12. on 38'c day I was wearing red white and black draggin jeans, helmet and a white singlet... pulled up next a bench on the footpath sitting on the bench was a stunning looking, early 20's beautiful blondy.

Noticed she was "checkin" me out. revved the engine to hear a rrooaaarrr... turned it off.

Flicked the side stand down went to get off not realizing i had only put the side stand half way down and it had flicked back up!

Drop it on my leg in front of her!

Got up... got on the bike... ride of with my head down :cry: :? :LOL:
  13. I really want to post a laughing smilie at this point but I just know that if I do I will tempt fate and will be adding my own story to this thread!
  14. I saw this quote on a guys signiture in a forum... I think it might have been here? can't remember.

I gotta admitt its truuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeee!!! :p