Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SYM Bolwell VS125 roller and belt sizes?

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by xt500a, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Hi,
    its getting a bit confusing trying to find info for replacing my drive belt and rollers.
    1. The SYM manual specs states that width of the belt should be between19.5mm and 20.5 mm and does not spec the length.
    Various scooter part sellers and ebay sellers state that the width should be 19.50mm and the size anything from 800mm to 817 mm some even go up to 830(!). Also no one mentions widths above 19.5mm

2. the rollers sizes are connfusing too. SYM service manual says 18mm height and 14 grams in weight. This is not to be confused with widely advertised from sellers 18X14 which indicates heightXwidth NOT weight.

So what is the stock size and can rollers be changed for sliders and what are the slider sizes?
    Also what is the stock belt size and does anyone know other brand belt compatible?
    Cheers

2. A complicated world this.
    AFAIK rollers and sliders can be swapped; generally for the same size and weight. Alternately you can change the weight (but not size) of the rollers to change your performance.
    The only way I know to get a matching drive belt is to inspect the old one to find the part number and match it, but that doesn't help if the old belt disintegrated.

I don't know that there are too many scooter riders here to help, though. Would be handy if you could speak some Asian language and use their forums since there are plenty of scooter home handymen in various Asian countries...

3. Talk to Jason at Precision Scooters. Best tech for miles, races a feral Sym Red Devil, and will know all about what you need, including performance increases. Good honest spannerman.

http://precisionscooters.com.au/