Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SYM / Bolwell Firenze 250cc - just bought new.

Discussion in 'Scooters' at netrider.net.au started by Weezer, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Hi all,
    just upgraded to a SYM Firenze 250cc from my VMoto 125 Monaco. Just thought I'd let you know how it's going.

I did a fair bit of research and tested several new scoots before choosing and worked out what I really wanted in a new scoot. I researched and rode:
    the SYM/Bolwell Firenze 250cc (obviously)
    the Yamaha Majesty 250cc
    the Piaggio 250cc
    the SYM/Bolwell Le Grande 200cc (actually it's 171cc)

My priorities for a new scoot (I know this will be different for us all) are:
    storage for full face helmet (my VMoto couldn't take a fully)
    comfort for travel (I travel up to 70km per day)
    comfort for 2 up (we love going out together)
    power to get on the freeway and keep up (!!)

If you're going to check out new scoots, please have a good look around. I couldn't pick that much difference between the Majesty and the Firenze in terms of specifications, BUT, the Firenze FELT much better and in the end, that's what was important.

One thing I really love about it is that the mirrors are fixed on the bike's body, either side of the instrument panel, NOT on the handlebars. This gives great vision and really makes a difference.

So far it has been fantastic and has met all my priorities and lived up to expectations. It's a smooth ride, the power is good, it's comfortable for me and 2 up. I'm lovin' it!! :LOL:

2. congrats on the new bike mate. I've really started noticing lots of the Firenze's around.

Doesnt matter if its 50cc or 1200cc, gears or CVT, nothing beats that new bike smell :)

3. Yeah, I've seen quite a few around now too. I was thinking there may be a problem with parts and service if they were rare, but there seems to be more of them around so hopefully all will be well when the time comes.

4. dont know where abouts you are in Perth mate, but I've always had great support from the guys at Scootamoto. I've dealt with the Joondalup store but heard many good things about the Osborne Pk store too.

5. I just read a review of your new scooter and am feeling rather jealous :)