Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney Workshops

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by Brento, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Hey guys, this has probably been covered a billion times but wouldn't find anything concrete; I'm from the Sutherland Shire and looking at getting an aftermarket pipe on my ninja probably just a yoshi, does anyone know a good workshop that will throw it on and do the re-jetting for a reasonable price? Thanks! Also location isn't a huge issue just looking for someone good!

2. Go see Steve at Caringbah Motorcycles. He has been in the area for decades and won't bullshit you. He's cranky but knowledgeable.

Another guy you could try is Craig Macklin, up on the Princes Highway at Kirrawee. (Just down from Hudsons.)

The best muffler guy was the one who took over Wolf Mufflers. Unfortunately, he retired a little while ago.
  3. Fitting a slip on isn't difficult especially on a 250R, consider tackling it yourself?

FWTW, you will get no performance benefit (other than noise) with a slip on a 250R, re-jetting only benefits a full system on that bike.
  4. Yeah I know it's not going to boost the performance at all, just need a new one as mines a little scratched from a previous incident haha. So theoretically all I need to do is throw it on and do nothing else? That doesn't sound too hard. I've also heard a bit of talk about "shimming the needles" inside of the carbs, but I'm pretty hopeless with this kind of stuff, I'm wondering if that needs to get done as well or just leave it? Cheers.
  5. I didn't realise the '09 Ninja 250 wasn't fuel injected. In any case, you should be able to fit a slip-on yourself, assuming you aren't completely useless with a socket set.
  6. A slip on doesn't require re-jetting or shimming the needles.

If you want to improve the performance of that bike, put your $$$ into rider training.
  7. Yeah I completely agree with the rider training, I don't need a faster bike at this point in time my little 250 goes quicker then I need it to.. Yeah thanks for the advice guys! I'll just throw it on myself and save some $$ :)