Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney - Which smash repairs??

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by maxwell2022, May 8, 2011.

1. Hi guys,

I got an accident last thursday, nothing dramatic, just few bruises for me but the bike has to be towed because the front break was blocked.
    I was riding on the bus lane, in the same direction that the car which was on my right. The driver saw a place to park on the left and cross the bus lane front of me without blinker, I could not do anything, I break but it was to late. Hopefully I was not going fast, it was just after an intersection.
    I have now to tow the bike to the garage (it's in storing for now as everything was close on thursday). I was thinking Sydney Smash Repairs but a friend of mine mention "Lloyd Penn Motorcycles" next to Artarmon.

Ohh one more detail, the other driver which was obviously in fault doesn't have comprehensive insurance, neither me... So I'm looking for a fair repair at a fair cost.

My bike is a CBR 125 R, 3 years old. Basically all the right side of the bike have scratches, plus the front. I have no idea how much it's gonna cost, I just hope that the other guys will be able to pay for it.

I don't really know how I could have several quotes if the bike is towed to a garage. I guess I'll have to go with them? Also as the bike is not ridable, I can't see how to move it to another garage easily. That's why I looking for a good place to tow it on monday.

Any suggestions are welcome,
    Cheers,

Maxime

2. Well, I send it to Lloyd Penn. I called them before, the guy I talked to was very nice. He totally understood that I wanted to get a repair as cheap as possible. When I called Sydney City Smash Repair I had the sensation that I was anoying him and that he didn't to get the bike to repair. I'm happy to have chosen Lloyd Penn, at least for now... we'll see the quote :)

3. Lloyd Penn has been around forever, and gets good reviews on Netrider - I'm sure you'll be OK there...