Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney vivid festival 2012

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by davidp1984, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Anyone go?

I went last night and it was very disappointing compared to previous years.

The opera house didn't have the same vivid colours as last year.

Anyone get any good photos?
  2. ehh i went, wasnt that impressed i feel like they tried way way too hard to have a message and be artistic rather than actually make the buildings look nicer with pretty lights and colours.

The opera house is a joke, a random video of a woman rolling around? yea thats entertaining.

fknn clover moore...
  3. I don't know why the put this on in the middle of winter. I'd like to take the kids to see it, but I'm reluctant to take them out in the cold unnecessarily. Especially when someone always seems to be sick in out house during winter.
  4. Money. I heard the fish and chip bloke had his best day in 35 years on the last Saturday of Vivid. 1000+ customers. My place also busy, and the place below us were hammered. The whole festival had more foot traffic in the quay and rocks.

It is dark at 1730. Helps to see the lights.
    If it were summer you would whinge the kids are up too late.
    *I did have to fight the wife off taking all the sick kids also however.
  5. good point about the darkness, though May would still be better.
  6. The rocks was absolutely packed, it took me over 1 hour to drive from the end of Madonna's Tits to circular key. It was unreal.

Last year I went on a monday and I think next year I'll be going on a weekday also, I'm too old for the city on a weekend.