Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney Tolls/Etags.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by sectorsteve, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi All.
    Now im sure this has been ripped to shreds on here but ive joined specifically to fight the fight to eradicate Etag use for bikes in Sydney - especially those on the road every day / all day

I ride approx 200 ks per day around sydney for the last year for a job ive got.
    I use the M2/4/5/7, etc etc all the time. for about 6 months i did the Epass system which gives you 2 weeks, then you renew it. I got an Etag but found/find it so hard to use. How the **** do you ride, in the wet, get it out of your pocket, hold it up, back in the pocket , another thing to carry round etc. Such a pain in the neck. I know people stick them on the bike somehow, but, well i dont want to stick it on there. im in and out of jobs, another thing to remember to take off the bike, to get stolen if i forget, just such a hassle. So i went back to Epass. problem is, you get charged an extra 75cents per toll check point for the photo, plus you have to renew every 2 weeks, but i find that a whole lot easier and safer than carry an ETAG around.
    I believe in Vic, you guys dont pay tolls. We need another system for riders in Sydney. Its just not practical to carry an ETAG on a bike, and one of these days im gonna stack - its due after 40,000 ks in the last year.
    Im on a Vespa PX200. Ahh the joy. makes my job fun. i look forward to every day on it, honestly. There isnt really a place to put an ETAG on it. I did try a velcro system but it fell off. i put in my pocket and most the time it reads through the pocket, but not always. What to do
    I appreciate all we get. free parking, bus lanes, the ocassional foot bridge, footpath if needed, but seriously , the ETAG can kiss my arse, can go have a quiet one $#%^&*#@$!@$$% ETAG
  2. call the rta and tell them what your license plate is and they'll take it out of your account

you goon
  3. correct
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.