Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Sydney to wagga via old Hume highway

Discussion in 'Touring' started by ljcoolio, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Anyone have tips of good road sections off Hume highway on old Hume between Sydney and wagga bare in mind I have a sports bike interested in breaking the boredom of dual carriageway early in new year

2. I know that this isn't exactly what you're asking for, but consider bypassing the Hume entirely.

The last time my wife and I went to Wagga Wagga for a family do, we went inland through Bathurst, Cowra, Young, Cootamundra and Junee.
    It's a bit longer of course, but good roads, great scenery, plenty of country towns to stop for a break and most of all, not boring motorway.:]
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. And many sections of old Hume are no through roads after about berrima
  4. Thanks for the tip. A couple of weeks ago I did ride wagga to yass through Junee , harden and cootamundra then Sydney on Hume highway but totally missing it through Bathurst is a great idea